Extensions in Google Chrome Web Store do not disappear, but they will not be available in the store in case the developer decides to remove them, or else a certain feature may get removed after updates. In case you want to export Google Chrome extensions, then read on.
Check Out the Google Chrome Profile
- First of all, launch Google Chrome on your device.
- Then you should select the vertical ellipsis menu icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- You have to select the Settings option from the drop-down section.
- Thereafter beneath the “People” section, check the profile you are using currently.
- When it’s not, select the small arrow near the name of profile & move the profile.
Export Google Chrome Extensions as CRX Files
You need to export Google Chrome extensions as CRX files. Follow the instructions given below.
- Get started by opening Google Chrome on your device.
- Then you should click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon.
- You have to move the cursor above “More Tools” unless a new menu comes.
- Thereafter select the Extensions.
- You should go to the Extensions menu & turn on the “Developer mode.”
- Put the same ID that comes beneath the extension that you would like to pack.
- To launch the Windows Explorer, press the Windows + E keys.
- Later, you have to the following path: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions.
- You should find the folder that has the ID.
- Navigate to the Desktop & copy it.
- Return to the “Extensions” menu.
- Now, go to the upper left-hand side menu & click on the “Pack Extension.”
- If the new screen comes, choose the “Browse” option near to the bar of “Extension root directory.”
- Check out the folder which you have shift to the desktop, open it, & select the folder with the same version number as its name.
- Later, click on, OK.
- Then you should click on the “Pack Extension” option. Keep the “Private key file” section blank.
If you want to import extensions, then you need to follow the instructions given below.
- To begin with, launch the Extensions menu.
- Then you have to find the CRX file on the computer.
- Move & place the CRX file from its location to Google Chrome’s Extensions menu.
- Now, you have to wait for installing the extension.
Howdy, I’m Paul Smith. I’m a student living in the United States. I am a fan of technology, web development, and programming. I’m also interested in acting. You can view my listings with a click on the button above mcafee.com/activate.